With over a decade of experience, the firm is familiar with sophisticated aspects of estate planning, asset protection, business and elder law. Contact the firm today to arrange a helpful initial consultation. Attorney John Schul Burton, J.D., C.E.P. has the following credentials and affiliations:
- Graduate of Virginia Wesleyan College in Psychology;
- Received his juris doctor from Regent University School of Law, where he focused his studies on estate planning, taxation and business transactions;
- A current member and past board officer, of the Hampton Roads Estate Planning Council;
- Recognized as a Certified Estate Planner (C.E.P.) with the National Institute of Certified Estate Planners;
- A Trust and Estate Practitioner (T.E.P.) with the International Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP);
- Speaker for the National Business Institute (NBI) on the topics of Estate Planning, Asset Protection and Veteran's Benefit Planning;
- An instructor for the Christopher Wren Association at the school of William and Mary in the areas of estate planning, asset protection and elder law;
- Received the Martindale Client Distinction Award in 2016 for overall client excellence;
- Featured attorney in the 2016 and 2017 Hampton Roads & Williamsburg Scout Guides;
- Named to the Top 100 by National Advocate in 2017
Federal and State Bar Admissions:
- Admitted to practice in all courts within the Commonwealth of Virginia;
- Eastern Virginia United States District Court;
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit;
- The United States Tax Court;
- An accredited attorney representative with the US Veterans Administration.
- Virginia Wesleyan College President's Advisory Council;
- Serves on the board of Norfolk Christian Schools.
Protecting and Preserving Generational Wealth ™
J.S. Burton, P.L.C. is dedicated in assisting individuals, families and businesses in the creation, preservation and transition of assets between generations. As a past certified civil and family mediator, John uses a holistic approach to his legal planning process. Legal representation is always offered in a sensitive and time efficient manner to preserve both your acquired wealth and your valuable family relationships.